Irrational

I have a number of irrational fears that come up, so I was wonder what other people were often afraid of throughout life?

3 irrational fears, go!

Parents Reply Children
  • OMG.

That's awful I'm so sorry you went through that. 

I can see why people carry their phones with them all the time when out in case things like that happen but I'm like you I never take my phone anywhere with me.

• Sorry you've had to go through that. It isn't pleasant

It was crazy. I broke my leg walking my dog through the woods. It was literally the middle of nowhere so it took a while before anyone found me. I was there' for hours. My dog came and went, chasing squirrels, oblivious to my distress. Then it started raining. 

Eventually, after being found and having to speak on the phone an ambulance was sent, but as it was the middle of nowhere they couldn't find me and then when they did they couldn't get me out. So a second, mountain rescue ambulance was called with special equipment to get me out. 

Perhaps if I'd had my own phone with me all this would have taken less time, but I tend not to carry it in case I have to speak on the phone! 

• hey ask a lot of questions and that's hard at the best of times. 

That's the hardest part I think. You're already in a state and then there's the added pressure of actually talking on the phone.

Overwhelmed in a few seconds before you know it.

Sorry you've had to go through that. It isn't pleasant.

• It must have been so difficult to do that. I haven't had to call an ambulance. I have been injured and others have called an ambulance and I've had to speak to them on the phone. They ask a lot of questions and that's hard at the best of times.