Monotropism Questionnaire

Hello fellow autistic people!

I have just found this brilliant monotropism questionnaire created by Fergus Murray (autistic monotropism expert). It is so much more relatable and meaningful than any other questionnaire related to autistic experience. I have completed it and I scored very highly- 197/235 meaning I am more monotropic than 55% of autistic people and 96% of allistic people. This is a test of how monotropic you are and is part of a wider project about monotropism and autistic people. It is not a questionnaire to identify whether you are autistic or not.

Questionnaire:

Two websites:

https://osf.io/4wru2

https://dlcincluded.github.io/MQ/

More information about the questionnaire:

https://monotropism.org/2023/mq/

I hope you find this interesting! How did you score on the Monotropism Questionnaire?

Parents
  • I got 199/235 which is 60% more than autistic and 97% allistic

i took the test myself then had my mom and my sister take it from my perspective too just to make sure i wasnt biased. and we all got simular scores

• i took the test myself then had my mom and my sister take it from my perspective too just to make sure i wasnt biased. and we all got simular scores

Cool, are you all autistic?

• you mean my mom, sister and me?

my mom and sister arent. i had them take it as if i was taking it. if that makes sense. so like when it said "I often notice details others do not", i had them read it as "Hannah notices details that others do not". i always second quess myself with things about myself because im worried that ill give a wrong awnser. so yeah. 

and im not professionally diagnosed as autistic, but i havent gotten tested yet (expensive). but several people hae said i seem autistic and ive done hours of reasearch for years and im pretty sure i am

• I know most people on the spectrum are okay with self diagnosis but i had this one autistic friend who got mad at me for it and so i go between feeling like ive finnaly figured myself out to feeling like i dont belong anywhere. and the cycle is exhausting so im hoping i can get professionally evaluated soon 

but can i just say i love everyone here. I feel like i can be myself without trying to figure out if people are being rude or not. i feel like i could cry actually heh

• and im not professionally diagnosed as autistic, but i havent gotten tested yet (expensive). but several people hae said i seem autistic and ive done hours of reasearch for years and im pretty sure i am

That’s great! Autistic self identification is perfectly valid!

• and im not professionally diagnosed as autistic, but i havent gotten tested yet (expensive). but several people hae said i seem autistic and ive done hours of reasearch for years and im pretty sure i am

That’s great! Autistic self identification is perfectly valid!

Children
  • I know most people on the spectrum are okay with self diagnosis but i had this one autistic friend who got mad at me for it and so i go between feeling like ive finnaly figured myself out to feeling like i dont belong anywhere. and the cycle is exhausting so im hoping i can get professionally evaluated soon 

but can i just say i love everyone here. I feel like i can be myself without trying to figure out if people are being rude or not. i feel like i could cry actually heh