Update on Psychiatry UK waiting times

Just had a note on the web portal with an update on waiting times for the assessment appointment for anyone who is interested or in the process at the moment. Not great in terms of my anxiety over it all but I can't really fault it when I'm one of the people adding to their caseload.

Parents
  • I’d never heard of psychiatry uk before joining this forum, it’s nice that they’re keeping you informed. I was waiting a total of 15 months with the nhs and that was on their priority list. Just a shame there’s no support after diagnosis

• I'm fully expecting to get no official support if I'm diagnosed, that was one of the reasons the GP didn't want to initially do the referral. I would be low support needs so there's not really much around for that on top of what I'm already doing in terms of counselling and CBT, and the medication I'm on for my anxiety and depression.

My main reasons for going for an assessment is so I have an answer for myself, I don't deal well with not knowing, and also to help me understand my reactions more so I can work out how to deal with them.

• I'm fully expecting to get no official support if I'm diagnosed, that was one of the reasons the GP didn't want to initially do the referral. I would be low support needs so there's not really much around for that on top of what I'm already doing in terms of counselling and CBT, and the medication I'm on for my anxiety and depression.

My main reasons for going for an assessment is so I have an answer for myself, I don't deal well with not knowing, and also to help me understand my reactions more so I can work out how to deal with them.

Children
  • That's not my experience at all, particularly about people with Humanities degrees. Considering I know a lot of people that did humanities because that's what I did, I'd say I probably have a better position to know, rather than you who I'm guessing did something different.

• All companies aren't like that. I've worked for several that were genuinely good companies to work for, that didn't just say things but followed through on them as well.

As I said to Mark earlier, you can't judge all people/companies by the bad ones.

• yeah all companies are like that, they push all the positive stuff for lip service and to look good but yet they are opposite of what they claim. my employer has all sorts of stuff about mental health and has mental health champions but yet everyone who works here gets mental health problems due to how badly the place treats people and they are long forced shifts under threat of punishment if you dare to go home after 8 hours lol followed by a hate campaign by supervisors who target you and want to make example of you or get rid of you.

• I had to deal with a lot of HR and a lot of people with degrees in humanity, and my opinion of them is very, very low. Some of them are decent, but they end up changing career very quickly!

• You can't judge all people by a few individuals. As I said, my husband was in HR for years, has a psych degree and is one of the kindest, most caring people I've ever met. As are a lot of the people he's worked with. I also have a humanities degree and am a woman, does that make me vermin too?

• Their only objective is to cover the company against lawsuits. They would throw you under the bus in ten minutes, all while chanting about "inclusiveness" and "equality". They are all useless vermin, no wonder why 90% of them are women with psych or humanities degrees

• Sounds like you have some bad ones there. Not all of them are like that, my husband did HR for years before moving into IT.

• I only got my assessment to have an official letter able to keep the stupid c0nts of HR off my back.