Update on Psychiatry UK waiting times

Just had a note on the web portal with an update on waiting times for the assessment appointment for anyone who is interested or in the process at the moment. Not great in terms of my anxiety over it all but I can't really fault it when I'm one of the people adding to their caseload.

Parents
  • I’d never heard of psychiatry uk before joining this forum, it’s nice that they’re keeping you informed. I was waiting a total of 15 months with the nhs and that was on their priority list. Just a shame there’s no support after diagnosis

• I’d never heard of psychiatry uk before joining this forum, it’s nice that they’re keeping you informed. I was waiting a total of 15 months with the nhs and that was on their priority list. Just a shame there’s no support after diagnosis

Children
  • I'm fully expecting to get no official support if I'm diagnosed, that was one of the reasons the GP didn't want to initially do the referral. I would be low support needs so there's not really much around for that on top of what I'm already doing in terms of counselling and CBT, and the medication I'm on for my anxiety and depression.

My main reasons for going for an assessment is so I have an answer for myself, I don't deal well with not knowing, and also to help me understand my reactions more so I can work out how to deal with them.