Were you ever told you that you were exaggerating when you were discussing your problems?

Not sure if anyone has experienced this, but personally I’ve been accused of exaggerating or overreacting to a problem that seems justified in my view. I think people don’t pay attention to the whole story and make assumptions about a certain background as if it is normal. Unfortunately they cannot speak for all of us as one’s experience may completely differ from another’s.

I ain’t got much else to say, so I’ll just leave it here.

Parents
  • Hi.
    Yes: it happened to me too.
    And you described so well, I relate to what you wrote.

You know one possible explanation is that we autistics see the entirety of a subject and we tend to stay too long on that.

Whereas they, neurotypicals tend to synthesize and finish quickly.
    * It sounds like a complain to them, I think you mean to describe things in detail, and if related to something you talk about yourself, they think it sounds like a complain.

Instead for you it is a description.

I understood that it is necessary to reduce interactions to a minimum, if absolutely necessary and only when our contribution is indispensable.

For them, it's like running the 100 meters in athletics.

Instead, for us it becomes a kind of marathon.

They are both very beautiful races, but they have completely different dynamics.

As well as a classic poem and a Haiku.
    Citation:
    Clouds from time to time
    they give us rest
    as we look at the moon.

Matsuo Basho

• Hi.
    Yes: it happened to me too.
    And you described so well, I relate to what you wrote.

You know one possible explanation is that we autistics see the entirety of a subject and we tend to stay too long on that.

Whereas they, neurotypicals tend to synthesize and finish quickly.
    * It sounds like a complain to them, I think you mean to describe things in detail, and if related to something you talk about yourself, they think it sounds like a complain.

Instead for you it is a description.

I understood that it is necessary to reduce interactions to a minimum, if absolutely necessary and only when our contribution is indispensable.

For them, it's like running the 100 meters in athletics.

Instead, for us it becomes a kind of marathon.

They are both very beautiful races, but they have completely different dynamics.

As well as a classic poem and a Haiku.
    Citation:
    Clouds from time to time
    they give us rest
    as we look at the moon.

Matsuo Basho

Children
No Data