What are your special interests?

Hi!

What are everybody's special interests?

Mine are:

- KPOP specifically ATEEZ

- Microbiology

- Astronomy and Space

- History specifically World War 2, American West, October 1917 Russian Revolution, Germany from 1918-1939, Medicine Through Time

- Shackleton's Imperial Trans Antarctic Expedition

- Medicine but my interest area is Oncology 

• The history of medicine and public health was one of my favourite periods to study during my GCSEs and even outside of my GCSEs when I sat them in 2020

• Sport - football, motor racing, NFL, baseball, basketball, wrestling.

Collecting things related to the above - football programmes, model F1 cars, American sports trading cards.

Wildlife.

Photography.

Dogs.

• I have a historic fascination over anything connected with the probability of extraterrestrial life and cosmology.
    • my dog
    • DIY in my shed or around the house
    • Oak Island, Blind Frog Ranch, Skinwalker Ranch, Bermuda Triangle, Big Foot, any other mysterious events and a variety of documentaries
    • How things work
  • Mine is art and drawing. I find art so inspiring and interesting love to do it and read about the history of art and the worlds most famous artists. I saw the mona lisa 5yrs ago.

Second special interest is The Sims games. I've been playing them since I was 6 and a half. I've got all the games and literally spend hours on them playing and creating. I own a lot of the Sims memorabilia to.

• My current interest is Minecraft. If I'm not playing it I'm thinking  about it or watching others play it on YouTube  or Twitch or researching various farms. My focal interests are frequently games but Minecraft has been my thing for quite a few years now. In the past it's been family history and horses. I sometimes wish I had a more useful productive interest but video games are my thing! 

• My areas are so broad it's hard to pin down, but: 

•  DOGS (but all animals are exciting to me).
    •  Food & cooking.
    • Unsolved true crime cases.
    • Psychiatry - especially around trauma.
    • Queer history/social issues

Feel free to chat to me about any of the above, or tell me about your list! I am super fascinated by learning anything new.
  • It's so interesting seeing what everyone else is in to. Mine are

herbal and holistic medicine and health and wellbeing in general, I make a lot of my own products as well (shampoo bars, face creams, lip balms, moisturisers, etc)

succulents and terrariums (and growing things in a more general way)

1:12 scale dollhouse miniatures - mostly plants and flowers

weaving

living frugally

very early history

• Mine are:

• The history of medicine and public health
    • Early modern England, specifically the approx 100 years from the Armada to the end of the Restoration period
    • Heavy metal, particularly folk, symphonic, and power metal
    • Terry Pratchett's Discworld series
    • Vampires
    • Goth fashion
    • Elizabethan/Jacobean drama (e.g. Shakespeare)

I feel like there's a theme here but I'm not entirely sure what it actually is Joy

• Love them too...wish I had a £ for everytime I've watched Jaws Grinning

• Mine are Football, Golf, Cricket and any other sports activity with leagues, stats, rankings and more stats.  Love it

• Know it and love it. There's something about the more simple music and the kinda silly rhymes on that album that's so amazing to me. 

Seeing that I feel like I've gotta do a YouTube dive on her tomorrow. I love watching people play music and I realise I've probably never watched her play before despite listening for so many hours. 

• I love that we share this! 

Do you know the Sprout and the Bean? 

https://youtu.be/47yuiPK01kg

• Joanna Newsom is amazing, especially the first two albums. When things are really hard and I can't deal with stuff Clam Crab Cockle Cowrie is one of my favourite songs to help me feel more okay. 

• I forgot music special interests/stims

• Kate Bush
    • Bjork
    • Joanna Newsom 
    • Radiohead/Thom Yorke
    • The White Stripes
    • Stars of the Lid/ A Winged Victory for the Sullen
    • Erland Cooper
    • Arvo Pärt
    • Echo and the Bunnymen
    • David Bowie

I identify all of these artists as autistic/synesthetic in hindsight. 

• Then maybe you'll go back to Minecraft in the future because it will bring you comfort. Going back to special interests is what I imagine neurotypicals feel about seeing old friends. For me it's like a hygge feeling of a rainy afternoon with a cup of tea and warm buttered toast and there's nothing else you have to do and you can just settle down and you know exactly what you're dealing with - no surprises, no confusion, just a world you can immerse yourself in with absolute contentment and concentration. 

• I kinda gain and lose interest in things a lot. Like I'll go through a year where I listen to a musician every day and then totally move on and barely listen to them at all for the next few years. Same with video games where I think about something all the time, but then finish and go to something else.

So I guess I'm a serial obsessive person on music and games and the only specific thing I'm always super interested in is professional cycling. Which is handy, because there's an inexhaustible supply to watch.

• Iceland - I have recently found some blogs and things-well they found me explaining about how the rift valleys formed. I went there when I was younger after being fascinated by Iceland whilst doing Geography. I also find glacial landscapes fascinating so enjoyed visiting Switzerland.

Wildlife

Gardening 

• Hi Hanni,

I love writing, photography, walking, wildlife, and NFL football.

I watched a documentary about Shackleton's Antarctic expedition a couple of months ago. Fascinating. 

• When I was 5 years old I had a reading age of 21 and won a prize at primary school for reading. It was a book about sharks. Ever since then I've had a fascination with them. Slight smile