What are your special interests?

Hi!

What are everybody's special interests?

Mine are:

- KPOP specifically ATEEZ

- Microbiology

- Astronomy and Space

- History specifically World War 2, American West, October 1917 Russian Revolution, Germany from 1918-1939, Medicine Through Time

- Shackleton's Imperial Trans Antarctic Expedition

- Medicine but my interest area is Oncology 

Parents
  • Special interests over the years:

• Lego
    • Houdini
    • Windmills
    • Antarctica
    • Lord of the Rings movies (especially the making off extras and Wētā Workshop)
    • Indigenous Americans
    • Paleolithic monuments
    • Beethoven

Does anyone else go through cycles with their interests? Some I have intense interest for years and then it feels like I'm done with that particular interest forever, others are consistent, and others I can leave for years and then go back to them. The reason I know they are a special interest and not just a curiosity is because they bring me intense joy and I have an urge to share what I know about them with other people (but I don't because I've learned that people think I'm weird if I do that).

• I completely relate!! Some things like minecraft were very prominent when I was a child but it's not as intense of an interest now that I'm nearly 20

• Then maybe you'll go back to Minecraft in the future because it will bring you comfort. Going back to special interests is what I imagine neurotypicals feel about seeing old friends. For me it's like a hygge feeling of a rainy afternoon with a cup of tea and warm buttered toast and there's nothing else you have to do and you can just settle down and you know exactly what you're dealing with - no surprises, no confusion, just a world you can immerse yourself in with absolute contentment and concentration. 

• Then maybe you'll go back to Minecraft in the future because it will bring you comfort. Going back to special interests is what I imagine neurotypicals feel about seeing old friends. For me it's like a hygge feeling of a rainy afternoon with a cup of tea and warm buttered toast and there's nothing else you have to do and you can just settle down and you know exactly what you're dealing with - no surprises, no confusion, just a world you can immerse yourself in with absolute contentment and concentration. 

Children
No Data