What are your special interests?

Hi!

What are everybody's special interests?

Mine are:

- KPOP specifically ATEEZ

- Microbiology

- Astronomy and Space

- History specifically World War 2, American West, October 1917 Russian Revolution, Germany from 1918-1939, Medicine Through Time

- Shackleton's Imperial Trans Antarctic Expedition

- Medicine but my interest area is Oncology 

Parents
  • Special interests over the years:

• Lego
    • Houdini
    • Windmills
    • Antarctica
    • Lord of the Rings movies (especially the making off extras and Wētā Workshop)
    • Indigenous Americans
    • Paleolithic monuments
    • Beethoven

Does anyone else go through cycles with their interests? Some I have intense interest for years and then it feels like I'm done with that particular interest forever, others are consistent, and others I can leave for years and then go back to them. The reason I know they are a special interest and not just a curiosity is because they bring me intense joy and I have an urge to share what I know about them with other people (but I don't because I've learned that people think I'm weird if I do that).

• I forgot music special interests/stims

• Kate Bush
    • Bjork
    • Joanna Newsom 
    • Radiohead/Thom Yorke
    • The White Stripes
    • Stars of the Lid/ A Winged Victory for the Sullen
    • Erland Cooper
    • Arvo Pärt
    • Echo and the Bunnymen
    • David Bowie

I identify all of these artists as autistic/synesthetic in hindsight. 

• Joanna Newsom is amazing, especially the first two albums. When things are really hard and I can't deal with stuff Clam Crab Cockle Cowrie is one of my favourite songs to help me feel more okay. 

• Know it and love it. There's something about the more simple music and the kinda silly rhymes on that album that's so amazing to me. 

Seeing that I feel like I've gotta do a YouTube dive on her tomorrow. I love watching people play music and I realise I've probably never watched her play before despite listening for so many hours. 

• Know it and love it. There's something about the more simple music and the kinda silly rhymes on that album that's so amazing to me. 

Seeing that I feel like I've gotta do a YouTube dive on her tomorrow. I love watching people play music and I realise I've probably never watched her play before despite listening for so many hours. 

Children
No Data