What are your special interests?

Hi!

What are everybody's special interests?

Mine are:

- KPOP specifically ATEEZ

- Microbiology

- Astronomy and Space

- History specifically World War 2, American West, October 1917 Russian Revolution, Germany from 1918-1939, Medicine Through Time

- Shackleton's Imperial Trans Antarctic Expedition

- Medicine but my interest area is Oncology 

• - Small fluffy dogs - sausage dogs, chihuahuas, pomeranians

- True crime

- Forensics

- Gardening

- Documentaries

- Court tv

• Mine are,

* Music.

* Doctor Who.

* Animals - I'm like an encyclopedia about animals. Especially reptiles.

• Mine are:

- Historic research

- Words and etymology.

- Animals

- Beachcombing (for gemstones specifically)

- Number puzzles

I've listed the ones that are constant, but I have others that come and go or may be short term. 

• - psychology/sociology specifically the reactions in the brain and sometimes things about social hierarchy

- theoretical quantum physics particularly how it plays a part in astrophysics but I just read the ideas. I haven't learned the math.

- words: origins and how they change over time. This would also include accents I guess. I don't think they are really separate things.

- marketing. This plays into the sociology but I like how certain words, phrases, or gestures can influence behavior. I find it interesting that we can be trained in more ways than we like to admit.

• Sorry, I meant Iain - autocorrect can be a pain

• Thanks Ian.  I know that you are right, but I find it difficult to find people who are interested - except online.  I watched space 1999 recently - 'wonderfully dated' is a great description, as it is for  the hammer house of horror back catalogue I'm currently working through.  Buffy is on my list too. 

• Mine are TV shows, movies and games from the 1990s, star wars before Disney and Bandai model kits.  Listening to different kinds of music as well.

• Gothic, horror and science fiction movies. Same with novels but crime thrillers too. 

What happened at Táll el Hammam. The Atlantis/Minoan connection. 

• Of course I've learnt to keep these interests to myself in day to day life

Your interests are not antisocial so no need to keep them hidden from others - maybe just find like minded people and have some fun discussing your views on them and hearing new ideas.

I'm watching Space 1999 at the moment when I get my hour on the treadmill or crosstrainer in the morning  - it looks so wonderfully dated and overacted yet still immensly entertaining. I'll alternate between this, Red Dward and Buffy on different days.

• I have some interests that have always been with me, others which seem to cycle and a few which seem to make a one-off intense appearance and then disappear. I've always loved science fiction and fantasy - isaac asimov and the likes of space 1999 when I was a kid and then Stephen baxter, Adrian Tchaikovsky and series like van helsing more recently. I've always loved science, geology and history - particularly the Romans in Britain, the lead up to WW1 and the retreat from empire.  My current obsession is mechanical watches, particularly English made ones. My interest in electronics and computers seems to be cyclical.  Of course I've learnt to keep these interests to myself in day to day life - difficult though it can be to do so. 

• I'm too old to have had that GCSE syllabus! I've mostly learned about it through books and podcasts.

• Science (mainly neurobiology but I can be interested in lots of topics) and Hiking 

• It's been something I've loved since the mid 80s, I was lucky enough to be at the British Grand Prix last weekend. It's also helped me find an ideal hobby which is marshalling motor racing events (not F1 level!). It's a perfect hobby for someone who is autistic, I stand trackside all day long watching the cars, there are other people there with me on my post but it's not at all intrusive, and I can see that there are a fair few other marshals who I reckon are autistic too, even though I haven't mentioned it to them.

• The Simpsons.

Canada.

Christianity.

The Early Rounds, and Preliminary Rounds, of the FA Cup.

Joy Division. (Ian's 67th Birthday would have been today - Saturday - St Swithin's Day, to boot)

• Time travel

I used to be really interested in this back in the 1980s when a lot of new theories were being developed around the natures of paradox and how they could be resolved by nature.

Absolutely fascinating stuff and really mind bending when you get into the quantum effects involved.

I guess that's what happens when you are doing Applied Physics at uni - all work and no play LoL.

Tell me, what do you think happens when someone goes back in time to alter the events that would prevent them being conceived?

• skinwalker ranch is one of my go to documentaries. have you seen expedition bigfoot?

• Cats 
    • Iceland
    • USA
    • The hunger games 
    • Pride and prejudice 
    • The vow (film)
    • Time travel
    • Sarah Jessica Parker 
    • Rachel Mcadams 
    • Travel mugs
    • Travel research 
  • I love the piano. Beautiful sound.

• Ahhh I love motor racing too!!

• Minecraft!! Do you watch any specific youtubers? I'm always looking for new people to watch.