Noise rant!!!

Again I have been kept awake, this time by my neighbour bloody coughing of all things! Excuse the language but I am angry. Far worse things could come out but are not fit for this forum.

Two nights ago, I kept on being kept awake by my neighbour's deep, husky cough, then the next night students woke me up at 4am by talking loudly outside my flat, and today I could hear my neighbour again.

Now, it is no-one's fault if they suffer from a cough, we all do from time to time, but I should not have to hear it!. The walls must be paper thin at my ground floor flat - there is only one neighbour above me, and is Council owned.

Thankfully I am going home to my parents for the weekend, where I am never woken up by neighbour's coughing - it is a semi-detached. I do sometimes hear the neighbour cough, but because she is not directly above me it is very faint, and I don't seem to hear it at night-time.

Ear-plugs don't work so my only solution is to put my fingers in my ears in order to get some sleep. This is uncomfortable, and I now have sore ears, but otherwise I would have to listen to such a horrible noise. The sound of coughing, by the way, makes me stressed straight away, probably because I have OCD. It is one of my trigger noises.

Am so annoyed, and hate the fact that homes are not built with proper, thick walls.

Parents
  • Intense world,

My parents were not able to escape from my brother. They could only seek refuge with my fiancé and I temporarily. If I were to elaborate on what he has done to us some on this forum would start squealing that they were being "unsettled" and "upset".

As I have already said and I say again, I am more than happy to leave you all to it. Whatever "it" is.

Just you merrily carry on.

• Intense world,

My parents were not able to escape from my brother. They could only seek refuge with my fiancé and I temporarily. If I were to elaborate on what he has done to us some on this forum would start squealing that they were being "unsettled" and "upset".

As I have already said and I say again, I am more than happy to leave you all to it. Whatever "it" is.

Just you merrily carry on.

Children
No Data