I Give Up

I've come to the conclusion that, no matter how hard I try to make something of myself in this world or no matter how hard I try to lead a simple and normal life, I will always fail. The system is designed against us and to keep us from any sense of belonging in this world, so I just don't care anymore.

I keep applying for jobs and attending interviews, but I keep failing them. I keep being told about "opportunities" for career blah blah blah etc, but I honest think it is all a lie to keep us running around in circles and to drive us insane. I'll never be able to get a job I'll be happy with because the system is designed to keep me from having any level of satisfaction in my life.

There is no chance for the autistic, we are un desirables, and because I am both autistic and gay I will be more of an undesirable than most people. I just don't think there is any point in trying to do anything anymore. Applying for work, seeking opportunities, attempting to find any sort of place in this world, there is just no point anymore.

I give up.

Parents
  • Although I aim for work that I can be happy doing, I haven't placed my greatest emotional investment in it. Really the bare bones of it are that I could do any old job as long as it paid the bills and allowed me a little left over to do my own thing. And I think this is what has kept me (and my other half actually) sane. The "get a career and work your way up" lifestyle is a lie and a trap to get unpaid overtime out of people, because we know there aren't enough higher up positions for everyone to advance anyway, even if you did everything right and jumped through all the corporate hoops statistically you may still never be promoted. So my advice is never fully invest in something that isn't invested back in you. You can apply for any old job as long as it pays the bills. Find your joy elsewhere and leave the job as a mere means to an end.
    Or as this guy says: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxwY3Fz2gU

• Although I aim for work that I can be happy doing, I haven't placed my greatest emotional investment in it. Really the bare bones of it are that I could do any old job as long as it paid the bills and allowed me a little left over to do my own thing. And I think this is what has kept me (and my other half actually) sane. The "get a career and work your way up" lifestyle is a lie and a trap to get unpaid overtime out of people, because we know there aren't enough higher up positions for everyone to advance anyway, even if you did everything right and jumped through all the corporate hoops statistically you may still never be promoted. So my advice is never fully invest in something that isn't invested back in you. You can apply for any old job as long as it pays the bills. Find your joy elsewhere and leave the job as a mere means to an end.
    Or as this guy says: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxwY3Fz2gU

Children
No Data