Turned down twice

My GP has referred me to the mental health team twice for autism assesment, I have been turned down twice. I dont know why, the letter is a standard letter and everything goes through the GP. I real feel i need an assesment and my AQ was 52. I have many of the factors, but i dont know what to tell them. Im really depressed and anxious about everyting. The other week i burst out crying in a job interview because everything was just to much. Obviously no hope of getting that! I have a job but i have been mimum wage for 20 years because im "not good with people".

If i was assessed and told i dont meet criteria, i could accept that but to be turned down just feels like i hit a wall. 

Parents
  • Can you ask for a second opinion with another GP? Also say you have been turned down twice (mental health team); I've got a face to face GP appointment which is miracle. 

I had OH appointments which was cancelled and gave a copy to the supervisor saying I didn't attend (in the middle of the pandemic); it's a long story.

Hope this helps you.

I had a friend who used me.

• Can you ask for a second opinion with another GP? Also say you have been turned down twice (mental health team); I've got a face to face GP appointment which is miracle. 

I had OH appointments which was cancelled and gave a copy to the supervisor saying I didn't attend (in the middle of the pandemic); it's a long story.

Hope this helps you.

I had a friend who used me.

Children
No Data