Do you wear a bra?

I have spent my whole life looking for a comfortable bra, but to no avail.

When decency allows I go without but I gave up doing that outside after some embarrassing experiences.

So, I have thrown away more uncomfortable bras than I've had hot dinners (slight exaggeration).

It's only struck me this evening (light a bolt of lightning, but less dramatic) that as other women seem to tolerate them, maybe it's the autism that makes me hate them and be constantly aware of a section of my body being squeezed.

I wonder if others on here have similar experiences?

Bikini

Parents
  • I don't really have much choice in the matter- I have a very small band size and a big cup size, so going without a bra is actually worse for me in terms of comfort and support!

I do think my approach to bras is still a very autistic one though- there's one specific style from one specific brand that I really like and I don't really want to wear anything else, so I've bought several of those over the years rather than wearing ones that don't feel right.

• That's a general trend for me re my clothes and they are all blue, grey or green Blush

• Ha, yes, me too, but mine are all black! I had a dress for work that I liked so much I bought more of them, and then went looking for a dressmaking pattern as close as possible to that dress so I could make them myself if the shop stopped selling them Joy

• Ha, yes, me too, but mine are all black! I had a dress for work that I liked so much I bought more of them, and then went looking for a dressmaking pattern as close as possible to that dress so I could make them myself if the shop stopped selling them Joy

Children