I think my mum is Autistic

I could never understand why my mum never told us she loved us  never hugged us, was often cruel to us. To this day at 94 years old and being cared for very well by my sisters, she is difficult. She is a good woman but often horrible.  We have been kind and caring to her and it has been very difficult. In the 1960's she had a stay in a mental hospital, we were placed in care. She was very anxious. She has been particularly cruel to my brother. She has been very anxious, has poor social skills, and an be so direct it is offensive.

We needed her. Everything is now becoming clearer.

Now i think of it, we had a severely disabled cousin, his sister shows symptoms of autism, lacks social skills,  isolation 

Do you have an autistic parent? X

Parents
  • I think about this a lot since I self-diagnoused as autistic. They both could be because both seem very odd. Mom is abusive, controlling, bullied us, harrased us couldn't have any empathy or any care for us even when we were sick or in need for help. I refuse to connect these terrible qualities to autism, but mixed with PTSD and terrible parenting when she was young, it might be the case. My dad is odd in his own way too. I really can't tell who of them is the autistic one, but dad seems like a better fit. Mom behaves like a sociopath or a narcissist. What a combination. there's also an option that a person didn't inherit autism from anyone, right?

• I think about this a lot since I self-diagnoused as autistic. They both could be because both seem very odd. Mom is abusive, controlling, bullied us, harrased us couldn't have any empathy or any care for us even when we were sick or in need for help. I refuse to connect these terrible qualities to autism, but mixed with PTSD and terrible parenting when she was young, it might be the case. My dad is odd in his own way too. I really can't tell who of them is the autistic one, but dad seems like a better fit. Mom behaves like a sociopath or a narcissist. What a combination. there's also an option that a person didn't inherit autism from anyone, right?

Children
No Data