I think my mum is Autistic

I could never understand why my mum never told us she loved us  never hugged us, was often cruel to us. To this day at 94 years old and being cared for very well by my sisters, she is difficult. She is a good woman but often horrible.  We have been kind and caring to her and it has been very difficult. In the 1960's she had a stay in a mental hospital, we were placed in care. She was very anxious. She has been particularly cruel to my brother. She has been very anxious, has poor social skills, and an be so direct it is offensive.

We needed her. Everything is now becoming clearer.

Now i think of it, we had a severely disabled cousin, his sister shows symptoms of autism, lacks social skills,  isolation 

Do you have an autistic parent? X

Parents
  • I love the rather cynical poem by Philip Larkin: This Be The Verse, and especially these lines:

They F**k you up, your mum and dad.   
        They may not mean to, but they do.   
    They fill you with the faults they had
        And add some extra, just for you.
    T
    My dad was very passive, which my mum took full advantage of, and I'm not sure if my passivity in relationships is inherited from him or it's the autism I believe I inherited from my mum.
  • I love the rather cynical poem by Philip Larkin: This Be The Verse, and especially these lines:

They F**k you up, your mum and dad.   
        They may not mean to, but they do.   
    They fill you with the faults they had
        And add some extra, just for you.
    T
    My dad was very passive, which my mum took full advantage of, and I'm not sure if my passivity in relationships is inherited from him or it's the autism I believe I inherited from my mum.
Children
No Data