I HATE vapes. Anyone else agree?

My body cannot tolerate vapes. Like if someone uses a vape in front of me I just start gagging because of the SMELL. To me it's the most disgusting artificial smell and makes me feel physically ill. I was like this with air fresheners when I was younger but vapes are ten times worse.

At work recently someone used a vape indoors and I reacted (gagging, coughing, feeling horribly ill, having to stumble outside). This person was like "it's just a vape!" when I explained why I'd reacted so horribly (after going outside). I felt quite alone and weird.

The amount of people who use vapes indoors at gigs now is a genuine problem for me too, the guards are generally useless with stopping the vapers so I find myself constantly running away from vapers...

I'm sure vapes must smell nice to a normal nose... but I'd obliterate them from the earth if I were prime minister for a day. Anyone else get me with vapes? 

Parents
  • This might sound strange, but as a smoker, I dislike the smell of tobacco. Given the choice, I would rather have the smell of fruity-smelling vapour wafting in my direction, than tobacco smoke. 

For existing smokers that have been unsuccessful in kicking the habit, I consider vapes to be a good thing. To those not in the know, vaping liquids (or salts) are available in a variety of nicotine strengths. The idea is to obviously reduce the nicotine strength to zero, and then stop vaping altogether.

In addition to vapes being available in a variety of colours, many of them produce ridiculously large clouds of vapour, which is possibly why so many youngsters think it is cool to take up vaping. Even the vaping liquids used with vapes can look enticing. Not so long ago, I happened to watch something on the news about schools having to resort to installing vaping detectors, due to a worrying increase in youngsters taking up vaping. 

It surprises me that there are venues allowing people to vape indoors. It's not yet known if vaping causes long-term health effects to vapers, or indeed to anyone else. Therefore, I believe the existing laws that apply to smokers, should be applied to vapers as well. 

• I wanted to add this disclaimer but after going back to edit out the most illegible typos from my original reply to you I was afraid to do it a 3rd time to add this incase the spam bot ate the whole thing. (Grammarly is supposed to turn itself on and help me catch them when I start typing online but it doesn't always.)

Anyway I just wanted to clarify albeit belatedly I do not consder myself any better than current smokers just because I use the word addict, it's just a descriptor and how I felt about myself and my struggle to get off of nictotine, since according to The Oral Cancer Foundation it's actually more addictive than heroin and ampthetamines. And I really don't look down on people who struggle to quit it, it's legalised poison so it's everywhere that makes it much more difficult to quit, which is already a rough ride from a chemical point of view never mind a social one.

Incidentally I found this just stumbled over it while side bar hopping over on youtube so:
    www.youtube.com/watch

• I wanted to add this disclaimer but after going back to edit out the most illegible typos from my original reply to you I was afraid to do it a 3rd time to add this incase the spam bot ate the whole thing. (Grammarly is supposed to turn itself on and help me catch them when I start typing online but it doesn't always.)

Anyway I just wanted to clarify albeit belatedly I do not consder myself any better than current smokers just because I use the word addict, it's just a descriptor and how I felt about myself and my struggle to get off of nictotine, since according to The Oral Cancer Foundation it's actually more addictive than heroin and ampthetamines. And I really don't look down on people who struggle to quit it, it's legalised poison so it's everywhere that makes it much more difficult to quit, which is already a rough ride from a chemical point of view never mind a social one.

Incidentally I found this just stumbled over it while side bar hopping over on youtube so:
    www.youtube.com/watch

Children
  • It's good you tried though, hopefully at some point you'll feel in a good place to try again and beat it. It's so corny but one of the tag lines that stuck with me when I first tried cutting down and quitting the first time with NHS Stop smoking is "if at first you don't succeed, don't quit trying to quit" guess it worked for me because third time was literally the charm.

• I use Grammarly too (the free version), but my bugbear is that it automatically wants to correct my British-English spelling to US-English. When I suspect myself of having made a typo, I find myself consulting the internet, which kind of defeats the purpose of me having Grammarly. Wink

There have been numerous occasions in my life when I have attempted to stop smoking. Even when I had once temporarily succeeded, I did not consider myself to be somehow superior (or whatever) to people around me that smoked. Therefore, if you were worried that I may have taken offence at your reply, please don't be.

Thank you for sharing the link to that YouTube video, which is interesting. I watched approximately half of it, before deciding that I would probably better off watching it on the large screen (my TV)... Less chance of me being distracted when I watch YouTube on my TV.