In my 50's finding out I have Autism & ADHD

I am trying to come to terms with this after finding out over a year ago. I'm a high functioning female I'm lucky because my workplace is supporting me with reasonable adjustments ie my workload, but this is making me feel worthless like I'm being carried my colleagues are great & don't feel this...I sometimes wish I didn't know, but then it's answered alot of questions from my childhood & adulthood. I am v close to my family but any mention of this hits silence...iv been assured by friends its maybe because they don't understand or know what to say. I understand this but I feel v isolated. I have joined this group in the hope that others understand...I have alot of traits for both ASD & ADHD.

Parents
  • At this point I’m not sure if I’ll tell anyone at work because I don’t want it to negatively affect perceptions of my ability to do my job effectively. 

• Welcome to the "late diagnosed wtaf club.". There are many of us here in various states of "dazed and confused...but probably better than ever before" ...... followed by "no wait, is this it" ... but hopefully always with a new sense of "well at least *I* know now."

I look forward to running into you again if you feel like sticking around.  This ain't a bad place to be.

Kind regards

Number.

• Hi

Thanks for your welcoming reply Slight smile You’re right- I think I’ve got through the day feeling dazed and a bit out of it! I’ve never felt like I’ve belonged anywhere but I’ll stay on this site because I think hearing about the experience of other people will help me. 

Best wishes

• Hi

Thanks for your welcoming reply Slight smile You’re right- I think I’ve got through the day feeling dazed and a bit out of it! I’ve never felt like I’ve belonged anywhere but I’ll stay on this site because I think hearing about the experience of other people will help me. 

Best wishes

Children