First steps to diagnosis

So yesterday I went to my GP to discuss a referral for Autism. He was lovely.  My last  attempt at this many years ago was met with a Dr taking one look at me and saying 'you're not autistic' so away I went.

We discussed my life, family, work and my first experience of feeling 'different'.

He looked at my scores, I had done the online questions, and said they are high and indicate that I am autistic.

He has referred me for a formal assessment, but the waiting in my region is up to 3 years. 

Hey ho, I may decide to go down the private route, but not just yet, financially it's a big ask.

Just wanted to share.

I'm 57 now. 

Parents
  • Congrats you've started upon an exciting journey and I wish you the best for it and that it brings you the answers and feelings you're hoping for ^^ 

The wait is a long time for most but this community is here and we'll support you as you wait.

• Congrats you've started upon an exciting journey and I wish you the best for it and that it brings you the answers and feelings you're hoping for ^^ 

The wait is a long time for most but this community is here and we'll support you as you wait.

Children
No Data