Getting to a healthy happy weight

I am currently loosing weight, going for walks and cutting down on snacks, I am going slowly as have a few sizes to go down, and want to stay toned. I have been doing some light dumbell exercises too and some toning, and when I get healthier I will be going back to doing my callanetics and light ballet moves for tonning. 

I just want to reach my healthy happy weight, for me it is a size 12. 

Anyone else had a few dress sizes to go down? and have been successful and how you did it. 

Motivation is a good thing. 

Parents
  • Hmmm. I did in some period of my life care a lot about my shape. I'd look in the mirror and wish I were one size thinner so I could reach the "perfection". I was like, emmm the hips, the thighs, I want those reshaped so I'd look like that model I saw in the movie the other day. Now I look back at it and I feel slightly sad for myself for how I had relationship with my body for years. Now I feel that my beauty isn't in my hip :D. I've never been obese tho, and that changes everything. Sadly, obese people suffer from how others treat them more than their health itself. my brother has been for all his life. I used to have a close friend who was obese for some period of her life and suddenly lost her weight. Her attitude and self-presentaion to the world completely changed afterwards from "please don't look at me because it hurts" to "all of you look at me now and always!". So I know that it could make all the difference to some people.

I'm not sure what is your motivation, is it about beauty, or is it a health related concern?

• Well it is the size I was before lockdown and covid started in the world, I felt healthy and I liked the clothes I wore, I guess it is for the healthy factor

• I see. What I remember that helped me to sustain the new diet and regime is to have breaks. Like a day per week or so. I used to have one evening of whatever I wanted to eat. It definitely helped in sustaining it. 

Reply Children
No Data