Advice on Moving out

I have finally decided to move out. I am lucky enough to have parents who are happy for me to live with them but I am starting to need my own space so think its time to leave.

However, I am very nervous and have no idea where to start.

Any help (companies, communities) and advice would be great

Parents
  • Hello NAS86823,

Aren't your parents the best company and community ? I used to look after my father until he passed away from cancer in 2020. He was very kind and patient with me , I wanted to live with him for the rest of my life but he's gone now and  I have lived alone in a flat since then.

The council didn't help me and I ended up doing a mutual exchange. 

I haven't had any success with any communities or companies. I have been recently discharged from the Community Mental Health Team in my area and there are no other services where I live. 

I think it might be beneficial to write up a list of what your goals are - decorating , decor etc . How do you want your space to look, what do you want to buy and paying your bills etc

If your parents are there to support you , that would be the best and familiar place . Although I hope you find services that can assist you , I wouldn't put too much faith in them .

All the best though and I hope everything works out for you Fox

• Hello NAS86823,

Aren't your parents the best company and community ? I used to look after my father until he passed away from cancer in 2020. He was very kind and patient with me , I wanted to live with him for the rest of my life but he's gone now and  I have lived alone in a flat since then.

The council didn't help me and I ended up doing a mutual exchange. 

I haven't had any success with any communities or companies. I have been recently discharged from the Community Mental Health Team in my area and there are no other services where I live. 

I think it might be beneficial to write up a list of what your goals are - decorating , decor etc . How do you want your space to look, what do you want to buy and paying your bills etc

If your parents are there to support you , that would be the best and familiar place . Although I hope you find services that can assist you , I wouldn't put too much faith in them .

All the best though and I hope everything works out for you Fox

Children
No Data