Advice on Moving out

I have finally decided to move out. I am lucky enough to have parents who are happy for me to live with them but I am starting to need my own space so think its time to leave.

However, I am very nervous and have no idea where to start.

Any help (companies, communities) and advice would be great

• Hello NAS86823,

Aren't your parents the best company and community ? I used to look after my father until he passed away from cancer in 2020. He was very kind and patient with me , I wanted to live with him for the rest of my life but he's gone now and  I have lived alone in a flat since then.

The council didn't help me and I ended up doing a mutual exchange. 

I haven't had any success with any communities or companies. I have been recently discharged from the Community Mental Health Team in my area and there are no other services where I live. 

I think it might be beneficial to write up a list of what your goals are - decorating , decor etc . How do you want your space to look, what do you want to buy and paying your bills etc

If your parents are there to support you , that would be the best and familiar place . Although I hope you find services that can assist you , I wouldn't put too much faith in them .

All the best though and I hope everything works out for you Fox

• Have you got in touch with Citizens Advice? They might be able to help you with this or put you in touch with people who can.

Hope this helps and good luck with moving when the time comes :) 

Link to their website: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/contact-us/

• I'm sorry I don't know the answer to that one, but if I reply all the same the post will go back to the top of the list and maybe someone else who knows will see it and be able to answer for you.