Mental Health Awareness Week

I don't want to come across all negative here, but I don't have the answer, need to get it off my chest, and wonder if I am alone in this line of thought.
Whilst I appreciate the concept of Mental Health Awareness Week as it was intended, for the last few years, certainly in the workplace, it seems little more than a gimmick. All I see are 'bandwagoning' extroverts who seem to be overly optimistic about the whole affair, only to drop it at the end of the week (or, in some cases, dragging out for another week or so).
From my perspective as an undiagnosed autistic in the waiting list limbo, who also suffers from depression and anxiety, it actually exacerbates my sense of worthlessness as I feel unseen. I'm not actively participating in any events on the matter, so am not worthy of attention.
I know it's supposed to encourage openness on MH issues, but I withdraw, which considerably make things worse. To the point I cannot talk to anyone about it (it is significantly easier to type in a forum, however).
Am I alone in thinking this? Does this adversely affect others in the target audience for whom this is supposed to assist?
Parents Reply Children
  • During pregnancy, you need to be especially careful about taking medications. Some drugs can harm the developing fetus and cause various pregnancy complications. Therefore, before starting to take any medication, it is necessary to consult a doctor and make sure that it is safe for pregnant women. In some cases, the doctor may prescribe a substitute drug for a safer one or recommend to postpone taking it until the end of pregnancy. It is important to remember that self-medication during pregnancy can cause serious harm to the health of the baby and the mother. For a better condition, I even used [link removed by moderator]. It at least somehow improved my condition.