ADHD: Private clinics exposed by BBC undercover investigation

Harley Psychiatrists (one of the clinics investigated) did my online ASD assessment via the NHS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65534448

Parents
  • I had my ASD diagnosis from this company and it was a pretty rapid process, but the actual diagnosis came via the RAADS test and a long history of classic Aspie behaviours, so I'm sure it was correct.

Where I question the responsibility of the journalism is in its lack of comparative testing against NHS services of the same nature.

I've heard plenty of shocking tales of incompetency, indifference and lack of ability from the NHS assessment services, even in the rare situation when you can even get an appointment.

It does seem to be a common theme throughout the industry of massive oversubscription to the resources available, so it seems inevitable that the lowest levels of service are what we end up with.

The BBC does have a reputation for bias and is always looking for a sensationalist angle these days it seems. Dissapointing.

• I had my ASD diagnosis from this company and it was a pretty rapid process, but the actual diagnosis came via the RAADS test and a long history of classic Aspie behaviours, so I'm sure it was correct.

Where I question the responsibility of the journalism is in its lack of comparative testing against NHS services of the same nature.

I've heard plenty of shocking tales of incompetency, indifference and lack of ability from the NHS assessment services, even in the rare situation when you can even get an appointment.

It does seem to be a common theme throughout the industry of massive oversubscription to the resources available, so it seems inevitable that the lowest levels of service are what we end up with.

The BBC does have a reputation for bias and is always looking for a sensationalist angle these days it seems. Dissapointing.

Children
No Data