ADHD: Private clinics exposed by BBC undercover investigation

Harley Psychiatrists (one of the clinics investigated) did my online ASD assessment via the NHS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65534448

Parents
  • I had a more than three hour assessment privately. I’d say closer to five by the time the follow up phone conversation  (still pre diagnosis, gathering more information) was completed. It felt robust enough to me, but what if this thread the bbc have pulled in discredit the good and bad alike. 

Also, all the most appalling ‘no diagnosis’ stories I’ve heard on here have been courtesy of the nhs lottery assigning an outrageously old fashioned assessor to the person seeking help. ‘You can make eye contact and you have friends -not autistic. NEXT!’ Was the experience related. Why should ‘leading nhs psychiatrist’ be any more inherently trusted given these experiences? I’m dubious. 

• I had a more than three hour assessment privately. I’d say closer to five by the time the follow up phone conversation  (still pre diagnosis, gathering more information) was completed. It felt robust enough to me, but what if this thread the bbc have pulled in discredit the good and bad alike. 

Also, all the most appalling ‘no diagnosis’ stories I’ve heard on here have been courtesy of the nhs lottery assigning an outrageously old fashioned assessor to the person seeking help. ‘You can make eye contact and you have friends -not autistic. NEXT!’ Was the experience related. Why should ‘leading nhs psychiatrist’ be any more inherently trusted given these experiences? I’m dubious. 

Children
No Data