ADHD: Private clinics exposed by BBC undercover investigation

Harley Psychiatrists (one of the clinics investigated) did my online ASD assessment via the NHS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65534448

Parents
  • I've found this unsettling in various ways including the obvious one of questioning my ASD diagnosis.

This was disturbing too from the BBC article:

When I later visited the address listed on Harley Psychiatrists' website, I was told over the intercom that there were no psychiatrists on site. Harley later told us it has routinely seen patients at that location, even though it doesn't have a permanent clinic on the site.

but their site says:

Our main clinic is located at 23 Harley Street, London, W1G 9QN

I looked up the 2 clinicians who diagnosed me and I am pretty certain that previously their names on their website led to biographies (as is the case with some others there) but they no longer do.

It's all rather troubling.

I've found myself looking back on my diagnosis paperwork today.

I did at the time feel that the letter received by my GP with a report of my diagnosis was briefer than I had anticipated and one of the 2 interviews I had online did seem rather rushed.

• I've found this unsettling in various ways including the obvious one of questioning my ASD diagnosis.

This was disturbing too from the BBC article:

When I later visited the address listed on Harley Psychiatrists' website, I was told over the intercom that there were no psychiatrists on site. Harley later told us it has routinely seen patients at that location, even though it doesn't have a permanent clinic on the site.

but their site says:

Our main clinic is located at 23 Harley Street, London, W1G 9QN

I looked up the 2 clinicians who diagnosed me and I am pretty certain that previously their names on their website led to biographies (as is the case with some others there) but they no longer do.

It's all rather troubling.

I've found myself looking back on my diagnosis paperwork today.

I did at the time feel that the letter received by my GP with a report of my diagnosis was briefer than I had anticipated and one of the 2 interviews I had online did seem rather rushed.

Children
  • Question Debbie.....Do you think that your time processing and assessing your diagnosis SINCE it was given to you is now more affirming than the original piece of paper?

I don't know if that's a daft or inappropriate question....forgive me please if so.