ADHD: Private clinics exposed by BBC undercover investigation

Harley Psychiatrists (one of the clinics investigated) did my online ASD assessment via the NHS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-65534448

Parents
  • This news has completely thrown me off balance. I had my ASD diagnosis through Psychiatry UK in February following an hour-long online assessment.

Even though Psychistry UK weren’t one of the clinics investigated, the report and the discussion of how ineffective the online assessments were (all of which were longer than mine) has left me not knowing what to believe anymore. I was already having doubts about my diagnosis and now I just don’t know what to do. 

• You were also paying for an hour of the clinician reading through and assessing your own and supporting histories of traits and experiences. Personally, I think observation by a clinician is of very dubious worth, when applied to adults who may have perfected masking techniques over many years

• You were also paying for an hour of the clinician reading through and assessing your own and supporting histories of traits and experiences. Personally, I think observation by a clinician is of very dubious worth, when applied to adults who may have perfected masking techniques over many years

Children