Experiment in phoneless GP communication

A few days ago, though my GP surgery officially only has the '8 o'clock phone lottery' method of getting an appointment, I sent an email to my GP surgery describing my worsening bowel problems (in great detail). Yesterday, the surgery phoned me offering an appointment next week. I strikes me that, once you have informed a surgery of a medical condition, that they have to respond. Because otherwise, if a patient developed a serious, or life-threatening, illness, they would be open to NHS disciplinary procedures, or to being sued for negligence. It may be worth others trying a similar approach; if it is generally applicable, it will make access to medical care much easier for autistics.

Parents
  • I use the NHS app to book appointments, it’s linked to my surgery and I am able to book face to face appointments without talking or explaining to anyone.  There is an option to message the surgery, I’ve normally had a reply within 24 hours. All previous appointments are shown on the app and any upcoming referrals. Allergies and medical notes can also be viewed. Repeat prescriptions can also be dealt with.

• Thanks Roy.

I'm going to look into that.

Now I have a new surgery that appears efficient, I may be able to do the same.

Fingers crossed.

• I realised I had the App already for a Covid pass.

My new GP had given me a letter with the info in I needed so I've been able set it all up.

I can book telephone appointments but not in person.

Sadly I can't message the surgery.

However, it's brilliant, so thank you again Blush

• I realised I had the App already for a Covid pass.

My new GP had given me a letter with the info in I needed so I've been able set it all up.

I can book telephone appointments but not in person.

Sadly I can't message the surgery.

However, it's brilliant, so thank you again Blush

Children
No Data