Just been diagnosed at 49

I'm 49 yes and I've just been diagnosed with autism.

I feel the NHS as a whole has let me down, I have had problems through out my school and college days and got called Stupid alot whilst in Eduction and in personal time ie: HOME.

I now feel if had been diagnosed sooner I would not of been bullied as much I'd did and still do: it's just not fair Sob.

House

Parents
  • I'm late 40s.  10 or so years ago i tried to get assessed. Was sent to a psychiatrist who incorrectly said no. offered no alternate diagnosis or route to help.  I gave up on socializing completely thinking that I was just too 'broken'. I have no IRL friends or partner.  Have found the autistic channels on youtube and it spurred a whole load of research ... I have been referred again but it is 18 months or more still on the wait list.   I basically lost 10 years of lif due to an incompetent psychiatrist.  I am definitely autistic ... maybe this time around i will get to see someone competent.  I am certainly better prepared thanks to online resources (like this one!).

• I'm late 40s.  10 or so years ago i tried to get assessed. Was sent to a psychiatrist who incorrectly said no. offered no alternate diagnosis or route to help.  I gave up on socializing completely thinking that I was just too 'broken'. I have no IRL friends or partner.  Have found the autistic channels on youtube and it spurred a whole load of research ... I have been referred again but it is 18 months or more still on the wait list.   I basically lost 10 years of lif due to an incompetent psychiatrist.  I am definitely autistic ... maybe this time around i will get to see someone competent.  I am certainly better prepared thanks to online resources (like this one!).

Children
No Data