Do you look younger than your age?

Do you look younger than your age?

Could this be autism related?

An autistic friend mentioned this to me the other day and then it was commented on in a thread here today.

I do look younger than my age and so does my friend - maybe by as much as a decade (on a good day).

Parents
  • Yes this is something I relate with and I find myself thinking about regularly. I look at pictures of myself from when I was a teen and facially I look the exact same now and I'm nearly 27! The only difference with me is I'm taller now but in the shops if I buy smokes or alcohol (for others not myself) I always get asked for ID without fail.
    It's nice in a way, like a constant compliment, but my still looking young does mean family fuss over me and never take me seriously as an adult.

Looking at this thread it looks like it might very well be an autistic thing. Very interesting. Nerd

• Yes this is something I relate with and I find myself thinking about regularly. I look at pictures of myself from when I was a teen and facially I look the exact same now and I'm nearly 27! The only difference with me is I'm taller now but in the shops if I buy smokes or alcohol (for others not myself) I always get asked for ID without fail.
    It's nice in a way, like a constant compliment, but my still looking young does mean family fuss over me and never take me seriously as an adult.

Looking at this thread it looks like it might very well be an autistic thing. Very interesting. Nerd

Children
No Data