Do you look younger than your age?

Do you look younger than your age?

Could this be autism related?

An autistic friend mentioned this to me the other day and then it was commented on in a thread here today.

I do look younger than my age and so does my friend - maybe by as much as a decade (on a good day).

Parents
  • Absolutely – there could be a connection between looking younger than our age and autism. I can relate to this personally, as well as through my experience as a life coach to individuals on the autism spectrum. The differences in our physical appearance compared to others of similar ages is something many autistics have experienced.

First off, it’s important to note that each person with autism is unique; everyone experiences the condition differently. However, genetic factors may play an important role in how we look and feel about ourselves. Autism often results from a mutation or alteration of one or more genes passed down from parents or relatives, which can lead to changes in hormones and other bodily processes that affect our physical features such as height, weight, facial features and even skin tone. Additionally, behaviors associated with autism may contribute further: for example many autistic people take extra care over their skincare routines due to sensory sensitivities; this factor alone can keep skin looking fresher for longer by helping ward off wrinkles and maintaining elasticity!

Of course there are also lifestyle choices that can help preserve your youthful glow such as eating healthily (variety of foods) alongside plenty of restful sleep - both things which are known health benefits for those living with autism. Stress-reduction techniques such yoga/mindfulness practice will minimize cortisol levels (a hormone linked to ageing), plus staying hydrated throughout the day helps flush out free radicals responsible for signs of aging like dullness/fine lines etc.. So if you find yourself wondering why you don't appear 'older' despite your age don't panic - focus instead on adopting healthy habits during every season of life – it's amazing how much difference this can make!

• Absolutely – there could be a connection between looking younger than our age and autism. I can relate to this personally, as well as through my experience as a life coach to individuals on the autism spectrum. The differences in our physical appearance compared to others of similar ages is something many autistics have experienced.

First off, it’s important to note that each person with autism is unique; everyone experiences the condition differently. However, genetic factors may play an important role in how we look and feel about ourselves. Autism often results from a mutation or alteration of one or more genes passed down from parents or relatives, which can lead to changes in hormones and other bodily processes that affect our physical features such as height, weight, facial features and even skin tone. Additionally, behaviors associated with autism may contribute further: for example many autistic people take extra care over their skincare routines due to sensory sensitivities; this factor alone can keep skin looking fresher for longer by helping ward off wrinkles and maintaining elasticity!

Of course there are also lifestyle choices that can help preserve your youthful glow such as eating healthily (variety of foods) alongside plenty of restful sleep - both things which are known health benefits for those living with autism. Stress-reduction techniques such yoga/mindfulness practice will minimize cortisol levels (a hormone linked to ageing), plus staying hydrated throughout the day helps flush out free radicals responsible for signs of aging like dullness/fine lines etc.. So if you find yourself wondering why you don't appear 'older' despite your age don't panic - focus instead on adopting healthy habits during every season of life – it's amazing how much difference this can make!

Children
No Data