Do you look younger than your age?

Do you look younger than your age?

Could this be autism related?

An autistic friend mentioned this to me the other day and then it was commented on in a thread here today.

I do look younger than my age and so does my friend - maybe by as much as a decade (on a good day).

Parents
  • Someone last week said "no way!" upon hearing I was alive in the 1990s.

I was born in the mid 80s.

I can't even walk into certain pubs without being asked for ID. I've never tried ordering alcohol as I'm not interested.

Once in my mid 20s I was stopped going through airport security and asked where my parents were.

I've heard this is common for autistic people.

• Read something similar in the news about airport security. A person who got different surname to there parents and airport security thought the person was kidnapped. 

I've got a double barrelled surname.

• I think they were looking for my responsible adult's permission to pat me down. They looked somewhat concerned when I pointed at a couple of my slightly older male friends and said I'm flying with them, until the penny dropped and they asked "wait, how old are you?"

• I think they were looking for my responsible adult's permission to pat me down. They looked somewhat concerned when I pointed at a couple of my slightly older male friends and said I'm flying with them, until the penny dropped and they asked "wait, how old are you?"

Children
No Data