Do you look younger than your age?

Do you look younger than your age?

Could this be autism related?

An autistic friend mentioned this to me the other day and then it was commented on in a thread here today.

I do look younger than my age and so does my friend - maybe by as much as a decade (on a good day).

Parents
  • I look younger than my age but I don’t think the gap is so big now I’m nearly 40 (having a child definitely aged me!) when I was 30 people would think I’m early 20s, now I probably look more like 5 years younger? I also wear clothes and use accessories that people would expect under 25s to which probably helps. My 6 year old still thinks I’m absolutely ancient though gotta love kids. A lot of people seem to think that it’s lack of facial expressions keeping the skin supple, which may be true as I’ve noticed quite a lot of Deaf people (who use BSL) look older for their age due to a high use of  facial expression whilst signing

• I look younger than my age but I don’t think the gap is so big now I’m nearly 40 (having a child definitely aged me!) when I was 30 people would think I’m early 20s, now I probably look more like 5 years younger? I also wear clothes and use accessories that people would expect under 25s to which probably helps. My 6 year old still thinks I’m absolutely ancient though gotta love kids. A lot of people seem to think that it’s lack of facial expressions keeping the skin supple, which may be true as I’ve noticed quite a lot of Deaf people (who use BSL) look older for their age due to a high use of  facial expression whilst signing

Children
  • Yeah this is 100% me. I was still getting ID'd for buying alcohol into my early thirties. I then became a father to two kids and have probably aged 15 years in the past 6. I don't get ID'd any more for sure. 

• yeah when the age comes on it tends to catch up, especially with constant stresses.

i noticed sweating and exercise ages you faster. despite it making your body fitter and mire toned it has a effect of the sweat causing hair growth on the chest more while causing hair loss on the head more likely due to sweat pore blockage and excercise induced stress chemicals