Do you look younger than your age?

Do you look younger than your age?

Could this be autism related?

An autistic friend mentioned this to me the other day and then it was commented on in a thread here today.

I do look younger than my age and so does my friend - maybe by as much as a decade (on a good day).

Parents
  • I do look younger than my age since I was in highschool people have told me that. I'm 30 and people think that I'm 24 or so. Part of it maybe because I don't like wearing makeup nor the stereotypical adult women clothing, so I have jeans, a shirt, snickers and a backbag all super comfy and practical without rings or accessories. I don't colour my hair or style it almost at all, I keep it short to never have to do any of that. I also tend to be shy, anxious about talking to someone I don't know or in social groups and I have a what can be very low volume of voice sometimes the person I'm talking to can't hear me but rarely it happens because I try to "shout" while talking to others. I think all of that together with years of not having rich face-expressions make me appear younger. Also, I'm allergic to sun so I extra protect myself from it and one of the positive sides is better preservation of the skin. I also love my creams routine in the morning and before sleeping!. Also, the needs to recharge as in calmness, rest, lots of sleep and so on maybe adds to it? But we tend to be more anxious too so idk about this. 

• I do look younger than my age since I was in highschool people have told me that. I'm 30 and people think that I'm 24 or so. Part of it maybe because I don't like wearing makeup nor the stereotypical adult women clothing, so I have jeans, a shirt, snickers and a backbag all super comfy and practical without rings or accessories. I don't colour my hair or style it almost at all, I keep it short to never have to do any of that. I also tend to be shy, anxious about talking to someone I don't know or in social groups and I have a what can be very low volume of voice sometimes the person I'm talking to can't hear me but rarely it happens because I try to "shout" while talking to others. I think all of that together with years of not having rich face-expressions make me appear younger. Also, I'm allergic to sun so I extra protect myself from it and one of the positive sides is better preservation of the skin. I also love my creams routine in the morning and before sleeping!. Also, the needs to recharge as in calmness, rest, lots of sleep and so on maybe adds to it? But we tend to be more anxious too so idk about this. 

Children
No Data