What happens in an adult autism assessment

Hi am waiting for my assessment and am very nervous. Can anyone tell me the sort of things they were asked so I know what to expect. I am doing it via the NHS, thank you so much :)

Parents
  • The first interview was for an hour  - it was general questions about your day to day life , explaining different emotions - fear , sadness , happiness . There were two exercises too where you had to gather 5 objects and create a story using them ( Which I couldn't ) the second exercise was being shown pictures from a children's book with no text and explain what you feel is happening in each image ( Which I couldn't ) 

The second interview was 3 hours. This was about me as a child. I was asked if I played Mummies and Daddies, Did I play with toys , would I share a packet of biscuits . 

That was all I was asked in that Interview I was diagnosed with ASD . The First Interview was with a Psychologist and the second was with a Psychiatrist.

• 3 hours is a long time…..

• My 3 hour assessment was through the NHS and Clinical Partners but it didn't last the 3 hours. After I was asked if I played Mummies and Daddies, Did I play with toys , would I share a packet of biscuits . I showed the interviewer my guitar and I explained how I designed it and had it made . I made a comment that I don't hear music and sound , I feel it like texture . That is when she said I can give you a diagnosis of Autism . The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes. The results of your interviews are discussed by a panel and then a decision is made . Maybe I thought I was being clever all these years at hiding my 'Weirdness' It appears I have failed and my Autistic traits and behaviour are too obvious. But I don't care anymore I am me and will always be . 

• My 3 hour assessment was through the NHS and Clinical Partners but it didn't last the 3 hours. After I was asked if I played Mummies and Daddies, Did I play with toys , would I share a packet of biscuits . I showed the interviewer my guitar and I explained how I designed it and had it made . I made a comment that I don't hear music and sound , I feel it like texture . That is when she said I can give you a diagnosis of Autism . The interview lasted maybe 20 minutes. The results of your interviews are discussed by a panel and then a decision is made . Maybe I thought I was being clever all these years at hiding my 'Weirdness' It appears I have failed and my Autistic traits and behaviour are too obvious. But I don't care anymore I am me and will always be . 

Children
No Data