What happens in an adult autism assessment

Hi am waiting for my assessment and am very nervous. Can anyone tell me the sort of things they were asked so I know what to expect. I am doing it via the NHS, thank you so much :)

Parents
  • I can't make comment about a face to face assessment because my assessment was a Zoom session online which was very straight forward. They needed to see my body for any stimming indicators during the interview.  They asked many questions and tested my mechanical dexterity by requesting manipulation of a table tennis ball and a few other small items I can't recall. They also asked me to build a story after being given some basic scenario.  I don't know if there is a standard proceedure for this type of assessment, but I don't think you should concern yourself or worry over that.  

• I can't make comment about a face to face assessment because my assessment was a Zoom session online which was very straight forward. They needed to see my body for any stimming indicators during the interview.  They asked many questions and tested my mechanical dexterity by requesting manipulation of a table tennis ball and a few other small items I can't recall. They also asked me to build a story after being given some basic scenario.  I don't know if there is a standard proceedure for this type of assessment, but I don't think you should concern yourself or worry over that.  

Children
No Data