Good article: Melanie Sykes

‘Thrown under the bus’: Melanie Sykes says she quit TV after bad treatment by industry | Television | The Guardian

Good article this. 

Also, why I decided to leave the business too: Music. 

I still do music but in my own way in order to avoid such males. Terrible this is still happening. 

Mel is great when she is on radio, I hope she comes back on air soon. 

Parents
  • I read the piece through :-)  I have a pre-order in for her book and am looking forward to it.  I'm glad she's going to do a couple of documentaries too.

I think it's really timely this past year that Christine McGuiness, Fern Brady and now Melanie are publishing, it will really help the NAS campaign on women and non-binary people to have famous autistic women speaking up so frankly.  Bravo all of them!  Hopefully, they will reach a wide audience.

• I've listened to Fern Brady being interviewed on several podcasts relating to autism and found her experiences very relatable. There seems to be a willingness to listen to women in the public eye at present, so hopefully it will expand, as I've no doubt that there's female TV execs that can green light further documentaries on the subject.

• I've listened to Fern Brady being interviewed on several podcasts relating to autism and found her experiences very relatable. There seems to be a willingness to listen to women in the public eye at present, so hopefully it will expand, as I've no doubt that there's female TV execs that can green light further documentaries on the subject.

Children
No Data