I told a friend I’m Autistic

I’m late Diagnosed Female I started a friendship nearly 2 years ago pretty much solely online as we live in different parts of the UK. He grew up with some of my cousins abroad which is how we came to be in contact and we’ve been exchanging messages back and forth, since then we always check in with each other every week or so, I’m fairly sure he’s Autistic though he never told me he’s autistic he initially had it in his bio but removed it shortly after we added each others socials, so about 3 weeks ago I decided to tell him I’m Autistic because I was hoping we could talk about ish you know (we have had deep conversations on other topics in the past based on mental health so it’s not like we’re not acquainted to these types of conversations) so I slipped it into a conversation we was having and I haven’t heard from him since like nothing at all and I’m so confused does anyone have any advice

UPDATE 

Seems Astrid and Kitty where right he did have something happen I’m not sure what he didn’t really reply to anything I had sent previously he just apologised for being absent which makes me think he perhaps isn’t comfortable with his own Autism. 

Parents
  • Hello,

I'm not sure I understand why he would stop talking to you because you've confided in him you're Autistic . What difference would it make ? you're still the same person, you'd still talk and communicate the same way. This seems to be an issue on his side of things . Do you know someone that knows him that you can talk too ? maybe they would have more information or he's said something to them . 

If he has Social Media has it been recently updated and what kind of activity has taken place there , that might give you some clues. This is what I find very unsettling about people , how they can just throw you to one side and stop talking to you . Personally , the most important person is you and you do have to think of yourself and protect your feelings and emotions. 

• Excellent observations and advice. I too am baffled by "friends" who just drop you. I had 8 who stopped contacting me while I started battling cancer. True story.

• I’m sorry to hear this but sadly I’m not surprised- in times of trouble you can tell who the real friends are - it’s sad but i’ve also experienced that people just drop you when you have a problem/ are not doing well.

• That's a good person who actually helped you.

I've had a similar experience - 5 people I met online through Instagram 5 years ago continue to correspond with me. They've been great, regular support during my cancer experience.

• I think you feel it more when someone does that . My Ex neighbour has been like that , sometimes he will take me out for a drive and just talk to me . The sad thing is I don't know what I could ever do to repay him. It's not ' You scratch my back , I scratch yours ' shouldn't it be just people helping people for the sake of just helping someone without reward or ego 

• I think you feel it more when someone does that . My Ex neighbour has been like that , sometimes he will take me out for a drive and just talk to me . The sad thing is I don't know what I could ever do to repay him. It's not ' You scratch my back , I scratch yours ' shouldn't it be just people helping people for the sake of just helping someone without reward or ego 

Children
No Data