Paranormal experiences?

I was chatting about this at one point to Steven so our conversation has inspired this thread (and hopefully may bring him back amongst us) Blush

I've had a long number of experiences in my life including:

Poltergeist activity

Hearing 'ghostly' sounds

Seeing 'ghostly' figures

Machinery not working around me

Radios affected by me

Telepathy with loved ones

Prophetic dreams

Feeling colours in the hands of others ie if they are holding something red, knowing which hand it is in

Sensing spirits, including malevolent

Once using a ouija board where I the marker went mad, had a life of its own and upon me asking who we were talking to it spelt out (very quickly) my late grandfather's name.

I could go on ...

Does anyone else have any experience, and please share your (obviously sometimes sceptical) view on this.

Parents
  • Have you viewed your paranormal experience(s) differently since becoming aware that you are autistic?

I hadn't until I started this thread.

Now I do.

As always with the diagnosis, I now have a context for my experiences.

I've learnt a lot from this thread, and really appreciate everyone's contributions.

My earliest experiences were at 12 years old, so almost a half century ago.

We were moved from a private house (compulsory repossession by the council) to a new one on a council estate.

This was in Portsmouth and many roads of lovely old Victorian houses were demolished.

I always felt that this was why the house was 'haunted', because it was built upon the ground where an old house with all the memories and emotions it contained, was demolished.

I had objects thrown over my shoulder (from a height below me), I saw a dark shadow moving across the room (when the house was empty and the curtains drawn), I heard breathing and voices.

I shouldn't really have been in this house on my own at 12 years until around 2am, but I was and this happened often.

My father was on night work and my mum and sister when out to night clubs together.

I've never been sure if those things that happened were because of my disturbed state of mind (ie I made them happen) or because of an exterior force.

• It always amazes me how people manage to cope with experiences like yours. I'd soon be joining the ghosts if such scary things happened to me...

I think, in later life, we can talk ourselves out of the reality of our experiences - 'It was dark'/'Just a shadow'/'I'm autistic' etc etc - and maybe that isn't as wise as it initially seems.

• It always amazes me how people manage to cope with experiences like yours. I'd soon be joining the ghosts if such scary things happened to me...

I think, in later life, we can talk ourselves out of the reality of our experiences - 'It was dark'/'Just a shadow'/'I'm autistic' etc etc - and maybe that isn't as wise as it initially seems.

Children
No Data