Paranormal experiences?

I was chatting about this at one point to Steven so our conversation has inspired this thread (and hopefully may bring him back amongst us) Blush

I've had a long number of experiences in my life including:

Poltergeist activity

Hearing 'ghostly' sounds

Seeing 'ghostly' figures

Machinery not working around me

Radios affected by me

Telepathy with loved ones

Prophetic dreams

Feeling colours in the hands of others ie if they are holding something red, knowing which hand it is in

Sensing spirits, including malevolent

Once using a ouija board where I the marker went mad, had a life of its own and upon me asking who we were talking to it spelt out (very quickly) my late grandfather's name.

I could go on ...

Does anyone else have any experience, and please share your (obviously sometimes sceptical) view on this.

Parents
  • Hello, everyone. Slight smile

I wanted to ask the following question, as it really intrigues me:

Have you viewed your paranormal experience(s) differently since becoming aware that you are autistic?

• Well, sort of.  As I mentioned above, I believe - and I think this is born out by my personal experiences - that our senses are often calibrated differently.  Now, I think they might be more or less sensitive than others'  (hypo- or hyper-sensitive) and in this case I think that many of our senses are dialled up so that our perception is heightened. 

In the light of that, and depending upon the particular senses, I would expect some to experience what might be described as clairvoyance, others clairaudience, others clairsentience more generally.  I would also go so far as to link this to empathy, although often in the literature we're seen as somehow lacking on that score.  I think that we might in fact often be extremely empathic, to the point where we might be described as empaths.  We might, of course, express it differently, but I think this is adequately explained by Damian Milton's double empathy work. 

Although I was always aware of my sensitivity (which I view as a double edged blessing in our current culture), being able to link this with my autistic identity has made me feel stronger, more certain of myself and, in many ways, more integrated as a human being.  And, by that last observation about integration, I think that I previously thought of these experiences as somehow anomalous, one off and strangely disconnected from my general experience.  I now see them as integral and on a kind of continuum with my overall way of being.  

• Well, sort of.  As I mentioned above, I believe - and I think this is born out by my personal experiences - that our senses are often calibrated differently.  Now, I think they might be more or less sensitive than others'  (hypo- or hyper-sensitive) and in this case I think that many of our senses are dialled up so that our perception is heightened. 

In the light of that, and depending upon the particular senses, I would expect some to experience what might be described as clairvoyance, others clairaudience, others clairsentience more generally.  I would also go so far as to link this to empathy, although often in the literature we're seen as somehow lacking on that score.  I think that we might in fact often be extremely empathic, to the point where we might be described as empaths.  We might, of course, express it differently, but I think this is adequately explained by Damian Milton's double empathy work. 

Although I was always aware of my sensitivity (which I view as a double edged blessing in our current culture), being able to link this with my autistic identity has made me feel stronger, more certain of myself and, in many ways, more integrated as a human being.  And, by that last observation about integration, I think that I previously thought of these experiences as somehow anomalous, one off and strangely disconnected from my general experience.  I now see them as integral and on a kind of continuum with my overall way of being.  

Children