Neurodivergent Love Languages

Hello fellow autistic people! In case you didn’t know neurodivergent love languages are a popular and well known aspect of autistic culture on social media. I particularly love info dumping and deep pressure, parallel play. 

The 5 languages are:

1. Info dumping- we do a lot of info dumping here.
  2. Parallel play/Body Doubling - sharing space together whilst doing different activities 
  3. Spoon Sharing/Support Swapping- sharing our energy 
  4. Please Crush My Soul Back Into My Body (deep pressure)
  5. Penguin Pebbling - sharing small gifts or memes with neurodivergent friends/family (usually related to dedicated interests)

I particularly like penguin pebbling with my autistic friend. I like to send them memes related to their dedicated interests.

Which language do you relate to most?

Here is an article that explains the languages in more depth:

https://stimpunks.org/2022/01/22/the-five-neurodivergent-love-languages-2/

I love this aspect of our autistic culture, I hope you find it interesting too!

Parents
  • What a great post and I'm so glad I'm not alone haha. I didn't realise this was an autistic trait!

Definitely info dumping - I can talk for ages about things that I find our but I also feel a little hurt when they either change the subject probably because they are bored or don't share the same enthusiasm.

Parallel play - it's rare that I'm doing the same thing as some else in the room even when watching TV.

Swapping energy - I get easily affected by other energy either feeling drained myself, buzzing off their excitement, getting wound up because someone is talking too fast or feeling their sadness like it's my own. Strange but true haha.

Penguin pebbling - all the time

• What a great post and I'm so glad I'm not alone haha. I didn't realise this was an autistic trait!

Thanks! You are definitely not alone, these love languages are a huge part of autistic culture.

Definitely info dumping - I can talk for ages about things that I find our but I also feel a little hurt when they either change the subject probably because they are bored or don't share the same enthusiasm.

What do you info dump about? I definitely understand why you feel hurt when the subject is changed, those people obviously don’t appreciate your passion. Do you feel rejected when this happens?

feeling their sadness like it's my own. Strange but true haha.

Not strange at all, I feel the same way. Have you heard of hyper empathy? It’s very common in our autistic community.

Here is a video that explains hyper empathy;

https://www.youtube.com/live/tt-fzj_ogVM?feature=share

• Thank you for the hyper empathy link. I never knew this was a thing. I'm watching it now and it's super interesting Blush

Reply Children