What's your solitude period?

I've been alone for the past week. I had only one human contact which was a video call with a friend. Otherwise, totally alone. Since I'm going to therapy today, that will change. It scares me to realise that I can happily and calmly skip human contact for long time. What was the longest time that you have spent by yourself?

Parents
  • I live alone and work from home via a platform where almost everything is automated, so often go several days at a time without talking to anyone, but rarely more than a week without since kind of social activity. Over Christmas it's often a bit longer as my regular activities tend to get cancelled for the holidays, and sometimes I do feel not quite right around that time of year, but I'm not sure if it's lack of people that's the issue or disruption to routine.

Currently I'm on day 3 of not talking beyond text messages and social media posts and feel good: relaxed and content. I was going to meet friends yesterday but felt burned out after two social events on Saturday so cancelled. I might see people on Thursday evening if I feel up to it. In general I find lack of solitude much, much harder to deal with than lack of company.

Note that I'm still active when I'm not engaged in social activities. I still go for a run every day and may also go to the library etc. I just don't talk to anyone while doing it.

• I live alone and work from home via a platform where almost everything is automated, so often go several days at a time without talking to anyone, but rarely more than a week without since kind of social activity. Over Christmas it's often a bit longer as my regular activities tend to get cancelled for the holidays, and sometimes I do feel not quite right around that time of year, but I'm not sure if it's lack of people that's the issue or disruption to routine.

Currently I'm on day 3 of not talking beyond text messages and social media posts and feel good: relaxed and content. I was going to meet friends yesterday but felt burned out after two social events on Saturday so cancelled. I might see people on Thursday evening if I feel up to it. In general I find lack of solitude much, much harder to deal with than lack of company.

Note that I'm still active when I'm not engaged in social activities. I still go for a run every day and may also go to the library etc. I just don't talk to anyone while doing it.

Children
No Data