Suggestions for things we can do to help ourselves re ASD

There's not a lot of support out there and, per my *disabled thread, it's unclear about what benefits, if any, we can access.

* Link here for info:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/31063/is-autism-a-disability

So, I've so far:

Got a disability badge from my county council

Today purchased an 'I am autistic' badge from Amazon

Today purchased loop ear plugs from Amazon

Purchased a disability toilet key from Amazon

What else can we do to make our lives a little bit easier?

Thinking

Parents
  • The Hidden Disabilities (Sunflower Lanyard) website is brilliant for badges etc, they also published a terrific anthology of poetry by people with hidden disabilities and do great work in awareness raising. I first discovered them in the pandemic when searching for a “mask exempt9 badge but they do so much more and are really committed to helping those of with invisible disabilities. 

• The Hidden Disabilities (Sunflower Lanyard) website is brilliant for badges etc, they also published a terrific anthology of poetry by people with hidden disabilities and do great work in awareness raising. I first discovered them in the pandemic when searching for a “mask exempt9 badge but they do so much more and are really committed to helping those of with invisible disabilities. 

Children
No Data