Suggestions for things we can do to help ourselves re ASD

There's not a lot of support out there and, per my *disabled thread, it's unclear about what benefits, if any, we can access.

* Link here for info:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/31063/is-autism-a-disability

So, I've so far:

Got a disability badge from my county council

Today purchased an 'I am autistic' badge from Amazon

Today purchased loop ear plugs from Amazon

Purchased a disability toilet key from Amazon

What else can we do to make our lives a little bit easier?

Thinking

Parents
  • I bought an anti-glare film for my laptop which has really helped

My singing bowls, both the sound and circling motion are helping me relax. Think i've had the deepest sleep in months the last few nights

Candles at night time in my living room instead of electric lights

Wrote a letter to the staff in my local Co-op explaining that im autistic and may appear anxious sometimes or fumble my words

Had a customized medical card made from Etsy so in case of an emergency people would know i'm autistic. I keep it in my phone case 

Bought an 'I have autism' sticker for my front door

• I bought an anti-glare film for my laptop which has really helped

My singing bowls, both the sound and circling motion are helping me relax. Think i've had the deepest sleep in months the last few nights

Candles at night time in my living room instead of electric lights

Wrote a letter to the staff in my local Co-op explaining that im autistic and may appear anxious sometimes or fumble my words

Had a customized medical card made from Etsy so in case of an emergency people would know i'm autistic. I keep it in my phone case 

Bought an 'I have autism' sticker for my front door

Children
No Data