Post diagnosis

I’ve read a few bits since being here that have got me thinking today. Although I’m glad I found out I’m asd, and it explains so much of my life, I’m also angry because honestly I’d really rather not be. I’m also starting to think it’s taking over my life… Everything I do now in the back of my head it’ll be ‘thats the autism’. So part of that is well it’s okay, you don’t need to feel bad about not fitting in anymore or the meltdowns, but now I can’t get it out of my head. It’s almost like I’ve become stuck. Constantly reading about it, assessing things I do, knowing that if I don’t want to do something I don’t actually have to because of it. That in itself is becoming another addition that’s contributing to the burnout, which is ridiculous.

Anyone else feel like this? 

Parents
  • Yes indeed. A late diagnosis does kind of push you through this. I was diagnosed over year ago but still going through it. On one hand the ever deeper understanding is mega useful, on the other I'd just like to retreat to my yarn cupboard and be me now, thanks! I dare say it will work out in the end.

• Yes indeed. A late diagnosis does kind of push you through this. I was diagnosed over year ago but still going through it. On one hand the ever deeper understanding is mega useful, on the other I'd just like to retreat to my yarn cupboard and be me now, thanks! I dare say it will work out in the end.

Children
No Data