The things that have helped you most?

Given experience often helps, and there are often newly diagnosed members joining the forum, I thought if we shared the things that help us most in bullet points it would be an easy read reference for everyone?

For me, has been:

- Meeting only small groups if I plan to meet people

- Meditation & Breath work (helped anxiety & digestion)

- Symprove Probiotics (helped anxiety & digestion)

- Walking in nature (elevates mood)

- Watching childhood movies (calming)

Parents
  • Been loving reading these responses, just shows me how strong we all are and how adept at implementing coping mechanisms we have been.

Arguably, we shouldn't have to resort to these techniques, but unless anyone has a magic wond to change a NT built society on its head then I think sharing these achievements with each other is the best we can hope for.

I've been pleased to see mainstream media beginning to make more content with autism at its core so I live in hope that society will continue to consider us as it's expansion continues.

Well done all, you are the beautiful core I am proud to know

• It appears that the internet is the only place where we can find any tips or advice on how to manage our condition as autistic adults, where the sources of practical help and support in real life are largely not available to us, even from government bodies like the NHS here in the U.K. - with all of the other scientific and technological advances in our world, this is doubly inexcusable where many of us are in desperate need of help and support and it was one reason why I was very reluctant to go for a later in life diagnosis in 2019 as suggested by family in Ireland at age 52 - despite talk otherwise by many, mental health and disability funding still remains the poor relation despite the fact that issues around mental health and disability are increasingly being discovered as a huge issue, as we saw during Covid - due to lack of any real post-diagnostic practical help and support, I’m having to consider quitting my current job and go back on benefits, despite awkward conversations with jobcentres and others after just over a year in my current job - I can’t even get hold of my social worker on on the phone or by email and I’m getting the impression that they regard my concerns around my condition as “irrelevant nonsense” - while treating autistic children early is important, too much focus and support/funding is being placed on childhood autism at the expense of autistic adults and this situation is unacceptable and it’s something that I’ve discovered when searching for sources of adult autistic support after my diagnosis 

• It appears that the internet is the only place where we can find any tips or advice on how to manage our condition as autistic adults, where the sources of practical help and support in real life are largely not available to us, even from government bodies like the NHS here in the U.K. - with all of the other scientific and technological advances in our world, this is doubly inexcusable where many of us are in desperate need of help and support and it was one reason why I was very reluctant to go for a later in life diagnosis in 2019 as suggested by family in Ireland at age 52 - despite talk otherwise by many, mental health and disability funding still remains the poor relation despite the fact that issues around mental health and disability are increasingly being discovered as a huge issue, as we saw during Covid - due to lack of any real post-diagnostic practical help and support, I’m having to consider quitting my current job and go back on benefits, despite awkward conversations with jobcentres and others after just over a year in my current job - I can’t even get hold of my social worker on on the phone or by email and I’m getting the impression that they regard my concerns around my condition as “irrelevant nonsense” - while treating autistic children early is important, too much focus and support/funding is being placed on childhood autism at the expense of autistic adults and this situation is unacceptable and it’s something that I’ve discovered when searching for sources of adult autistic support after my diagnosis 

Children