If you had a helper robot to support you as an Autistic adult navigating a NT world what would you want it to help you with?

If you had a helper robot to support you as an Autistic Adult navigating a NT world what would you want it to help you with?

(This post is mean both seriously to enquire about support needs, but also for fun because free robot helpers are a long ways off.)

I think because I'm a trifecta of Autism, OCD, and ADD I would want a robot helper to do all the cleaning tasks that involve having to touch anything sticky or gooey, spilled ketchup, etc.
Also as an assistant because my doing things relies on me doing them the very second I think to do them or else I forget to do it for a week so I never have enough spare hands to do things at the same time. I would like to have my robot call my GP for me to request medications, etc, stuff that frees up my own hands for stuff I can't tear myself away from.

Parents
  • my doing things relies on me doing them the very second I think to do them or else I forget to do it for a week

Have you heard of lists?

I couldn't survive without mine.

I'd be wallowing in a trough of nothingness.

trifecta

I just learnt a new word Relaxed

I'd like a robot to finish all the half done jobs in the house and start and finish the new ones (like where I removed the stair carpet many months ago with a view to renovating the stairs and it still looks like a stairs in an abandoned house).

I'd like a robot to do ALL the household tasks as they are so tedious.

I have OCD too so if I trusted the robot enough, I'd get them to check 5 times that the doors, windows, everything, is locked and then go and wash my hands several times for me.

I think it would be nice to have a robot that talked to my husband when he is particularly chatty so that I can continue to hibernate.

He talks about interesting things but it's often about films and TV programmes and I watch neither and I find talking and listening a strain.

I'll need to give this some thought but I'm sure I could come up with more.

Is the robot allowed to go to work for me and give me the money?  Thinking

• Have you heard of lists?

A list of problems with lists:

1. when I write a list I don't always remember all the things that need to go on it.

2. when I remember one of the things I left off the list, the list is not always at hand to be added to.

3. when I get the list to add the thing I have forgotten what needed to be added, or forget there was even a thing to be added.

4. I forget to look at the list.

5. I'm sure there was something else, but I can't think what?

The robot might be useful to answer my husband when he asks me the same question for the nth time. But he does a lot of the things a robot would be useful for, just maybe not quite as well as a robot would, and with more grumbling... still, I do appreciate him.

Would the robot be able to help me make decisions? Not make them for me, but talk through the options and help me work out the best course of action. Husband hates doing that, he wants me to either just make a decision or let him make it, but I can't make it without discussion and don't want to not have any input into it.

• Would the robot be able to help me make decisions? Not make them for me, but talk through the options and help me work out the best course of action. Husband hates doing that, he wants me to either just make a decision or let him make it, but I can't make it without discussion and don't want to not have any input into it.

I supose you could theoretically get one with a more complex AI, then it would be an Android like Data from Star Trek. Slight smile

Reply Children
No Data