Do I really need the diagnosis......

am new here so be gentle....

am in my late 30's, never really fit in my whole life and always struggled with....well just life.....over 10 years ago my son was diagnosed very young and I through myself into researching autism.....and supporting him in every way I thought possible. So now over 30 years into my life and over 10 years into my son's diagnisos it has become so blatantly obvious I am autistic.

My husband says so much makes sense now and I agree so much in life makes sense.

So I know, my nearest and dearest all know but I still crave a diagnosis and I dont know how to explain why.......was anyone else like this??

Parents
  • Hi, I'm new on here and like you am not sure about getting a formal diagnosis.  For me I felt the release from recognising my autism and sharing it with close family and my team leader at work.  Support on here appears to be good and kind natured so I'm busy reading through past threads for advice and support.  Like others have said everyone is different and some want that formal diagnosis

• Hey sounds like we are at a similar stage - I have just found the forum and been reading through old posts etc and I do have a small sense of relief knowing myself but I think it will be an even bigger sense of relief when I know for certain

My doc has referred me so I am pursueing it but I have been told 5-7years which I find a struggle so may have to pay to go private as I dont think you can do the right to choose thing in scotland

• Hey sounds like we are at a similar stage - I have just found the forum and been reading through old posts etc and I do have a small sense of relief knowing myself but I think it will be an even bigger sense of relief when I know for certain

My doc has referred me so I am pursueing it but I have been told 5-7years which I find a struggle so may have to pay to go private as I dont think you can do the right to choose thing in scotland

Children
No Data