Cleaning and tidying

Hi, I’m new here and hoping for some help and advice!

Basically, I don’t trust anyone to clean my house and I don’t like people touching my stuff.  I have a baby and my partner I think is messy (although he doesn’t).

I don’t like cleaning myself and I don’t really have the time to do much anyway.  But I don’t want anyone to do it because I don’t trust them to do it properly, I think there will be chemicals everywhere and especially the smells, and people will touch my things.

Is any of this sounding familiar??  I don’t want to feel like this, it’s so stressful.

Parents
  • Hi Vicky, I totally understand where you are coming from, I'm the same and would also probably feel like I had to tidy up and clean before they came to clean too!

You could consider having someone come to do some of the heavier cleaning for you where they don't really need to touch your stuff like cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming and mopping floors. If you find someone who is freelance/a micro-provider rather than through an agency they might be more flexible with you specifying how you want things done and use the cleaning products you provide/prefer. 

• Good idea, I didn’t think that I could just get one room cleaned!

• Thing is, even these days, many people still cling on to the outdated misconceptions and myths that the only way to manage autism is by means of ultra strict and harsh discipline and that as part of this, that autistic people must never be permitted to live alone under any circumstances, except with a live in carer that is empowered to implement such strong and harsh measures - this comes from a point blank refusal to understand anything about mental health issues, like how so many autistic people are either over-medicated and/or locked away in mental hospitals “for their own good” - given all the horrific things that have come to light since Covid, I do not believe that we will ever see a more compassionate attitude towards mental health issues in general nor towards autism in particular in my lifetime nor do I believe that there will ever be a sea-change in the mindsets by medical professionals, as it will take many generations from now for this to truly happen - one would reasonably expect a more compassionate response in a supposedly civilised Christian society, but the reality is that it will never happen in our lifetimes 

• Thing is, even these days, many people still cling on to the outdated misconceptions and myths that the only way to manage autism is by means of ultra strict and harsh discipline and that as part of this, that autistic people must never be permitted to live alone under any circumstances, except with a live in carer that is empowered to implement such strong and harsh measures - this comes from a point blank refusal to understand anything about mental health issues, like how so many autistic people are either over-medicated and/or locked away in mental hospitals “for their own good” - given all the horrific things that have come to light since Covid, I do not believe that we will ever see a more compassionate attitude towards mental health issues in general nor towards autism in particular in my lifetime nor do I believe that there will ever be a sea-change in the mindsets by medical professionals, as it will take many generations from now for this to truly happen - one would reasonably expect a more compassionate response in a supposedly civilised Christian society, but the reality is that it will never happen in our lifetimes 

Children
No Data