Forum creative space

I thought it might be nice to share our creativity.

Anything really, photography, art, writing etc etc.

Thanks to Steven for partly inspiring this thread.

Please include a visual description with any images to aid those of us with sight impairment.

Thank you.

I'll start:

Parents
  • I have found it hard to find anything visual, or anything that wouldn't give away identifying info. So I reached right into the past to 1992. I was in my very early 20s and had my first ever job which was in a high security environment.

I took some pictures to highlight the feeling of oppression that the site gave off.

I used to do my own developing and printing and I originally printed this in sepia and got the contrast just right. This is actually from a scanned negative (the print long-since lost) and so I have tried to re-create the same contrast and sepia tone in a photo editor app.

(for the visually impaired: it is basically an unclaimable fence with sharp things on top which look like barbed wire but are much bigger, and I tried to get the angle of the fence as oppressive looking as possible.)

• I have found it hard to find anything visual, or anything that wouldn't give away identifying info.

Are you famous?

I've read others say this and it makes me curious.

Thank you for sharing the image .. and it does have a very 'oppressive' vibe.

I'd love to see more of your photography, if you can share?

Are you still doing it?

Thank you and the superb  for keeping this thread going.

Blush

• I imagine Mark working in a Prison. But not necessarily as a prison officer. Perhaps in an educational capacity? I have a second guess too.

• Ha ha - no! It was a pharmaceutical company. It was my industrial training year 3rd year of 4 at university. I hated it there, was always taking time off and ended up doing something completely different post university.

• Lol.  No, that's a good joke though! Slight smile

• I imagine Mark working in a Prison. But not necessarily as a prison officer. Perhaps in an educational capacity?

Inmate?

Reply Children