Cinema, Theatre and Public Transport.

Went to the cinema last night, I’m the easy one to spot, I’m the one who sits turned away from the person next to them, I sort of sit on one side of me, can manage my wife sitting on my other side. Having a stranger sitting next to me for three hours has left me drained. I haven’t been able to talk yet, We came home last night, my wife went to bed, I had to sit on my own with my arms wrapped around the sides of my head. I feel like my ‘ spidey senses’ are in overdrive.

Its always been the same, trains and theatre cause the same affect. The underground is worse, I struggle to understand how having people near to me is so draining. It’s like they are radioactive and pulling the energy out of me, I know I’m going to have to mask heavily this morning so not to cause an argument with my wife and make it all about me. Is this something that anyone else relates to, or is it just weird me?

Parents
  • It's not just weird  you. I can't do cinemas or public transport, I can actually but I prefer not to, much too much for me. My husband took me to a cinema last year the experience was horrible. I kept fidgeting in my seat, I had to wear ear plugs, I developed a tickle in my throat, it was far from an ideal experience for us both and I think I unintentionally annoyed everyone else who was there.

Public transport is okay but I still don't like it. There's germs, people talk loudly on their phones, children cry and run around wildly and trains and buses are unnecessarily loud.

• I understand the germ aspect, if someone coughs more than once, I’m gone. I don’t think we like being caged with the humans, it’s like locking a dog and cat in together.

Reply Children
No Data